- Tackling Complexity with Automation In standard
- What to look for at the ‘heart’ of an IT package – Dovetail/FleetWatch In standard
- Ensuring Innovation through Collaboration In standard
Q: Is the software hosted or an on site installation?
- Either, we have two servers at IS for hosting which get backed up or you can install it on site if you have the network infrastructure. i.e. static IP’s
Q: How much disk space does it require?
- 1 terabyte will allow you to scan in 1000 pages/day for 30 years.
Q: How much band with does it require?
- 1000 pages/ day will require about 6 gigs/month
Q: Are the documents SARS compliant?
- Yes, the documents are encrypted to the standard sars requires.
- The invoices also require the words “Sars compliant electronic tax invoice” to be printed on the document.
- The client also needs to sign a letter or credit application saying they will accept electronic invoices.
Q: Does the software support OCR?
- We can add a plugin for OCR but we prefer to use barcodes as they are 99% accurate and ocr is about 60% accurate
Q: Can your read dot matric barcodes
Q: What server specs are required?
- A basic server is required Intel dual core, 8 Gigs ram, sas drives for OS, sata for images
Q: What database does it use?
Q: What is it developed in?
- eSolutions is a J2EE web application developed in Java and deployed in the Apache tomcat environment
Q: What big clients are currently using eSolutions?
A: Sanlam, Hollard, FedEx, Value Logistics. In total about 800 000 documents are archived per day.
Q: What OS does VP run on?
- Linux or Windows
Q: How is the software backed up?
- If it installed on a Linux plat form, we have scripts that can sync the software and data hourly
- On windows you would use your standard backup utility e.g. backup exec
Q: How much does it cost?
The cost is based on the following questions:
- How many documents do you create per month
- How many users
Q: How do the clients get their documents?
- Each account code gets a delivery profile which is updated by your eSolutions provider.
Q: What other documents can you archive?
- Emails, Faxes, Scans, Ftp, Pdf using pdf index tool
Q: What reports do you have?
- Scan station statistics
- Document import statistics
- Missing documents
- Un indexed documents
Q: Does the software have work flow?
- Yes, the software comprises a queuing system for process document indexing, verifying, quality control but these are all tasks specific to document management.
Q: What batch types do you support?
- Split an blank, split on bar code, split on line in page, single page mode, batch mode
- Documents can also be manually assigned to a specific batch.
Q: Will it work with my scanners?
- The software is twain compliant and so will work with 99.9% of scanners.
Q: What scanner do you recommend?
- We have had the best experience with the Fujitsu 6130Z, a little work horse that has a duty cycle of 3000 pages per day and can scan in 50 pages/min
Q: What DPI do you scan in?
- 200-300, black and white mode
Q: Will it work with my MFU
- Yes, you can scan to folder for eSolutions to pick up or scan to email for email archiving